Today . . . I am reading Andy Wibbel's blog.
I liked what both Ellen and Andy had to say, so I thought I would play along and add mine.
1. Morning Constitutional. There's nothing like starting your day out with a walk in nature. There's something both healthy and meditative about walking. I do it five days a week--usually about an hour. I love to start my day this way, and feel out of sorts when I don't.
2. Journal at Night. I journal just about every night in a special hand-bound Japanese journal. I first discovered these hardbound elegant journals last summer when I was attending the Omega Institute. Now, I have one for every season. I love the quality of paper, the waxed-thread binding, and sumi-e design on the front covers.
3. Laugh Often. There's nothing like a good laugh to put everything into perspective, diffuse tense situations, and keep it real. I like to laugh. Even better, I like to talk with people who laugh. My friend Sonya Baker is a perfect example. Every time we talk we laugh--big belly laughs. I always feel good talking to her, no matter what the subject, because we laugh.
4. Put Relationships First. Whether it is talking with my brother (the original Samurai teddy bear), conversing with friends, or answering client's emails . . . relationships come first for me. Relationships are important to me, and spending time in relationship with others enriches my life, beyond belief.
5. Choose Happiness. In 1997, I made an important decision. I decided to make being happy my top priority. Sound simple? Try it sometime! Not letting anyone or anything get in the way of your happiness takes some doing. Though, the rewards are far worth the effort.
The original Accidental Pren-her™